by American Psychological Association
by American Psychological Association
Providing Behavioral and Emotional Health Services for Children, Adolescents and Families
Parents, are you looking for effective parenting skills that are efficient for your family and enhance the child-parent relationship? Our Center provides psychological assessment and evidence-based, family-centered treatment for children from birth to age 18.
REASONS A PARENT MAY SEEK SERVICES
If your child has experienced notable struggles related to the following issues, you may want to consider scheduling an assessment session:
- Experienced a traumatic event.
- Is having a difficult time with a loss.
- Is experiencing difficulty adjusting to a new school or life circumstance (divorce, relocation).
- Displays difficulties in effectively communicating with you and/or family members.
- Is experiencing difficulties regulating emotions.
- Displays problematic or aggressive behaviors.
- Experiences difficulties academically or socially in school.
- Difficulties focusing in class or following through with completing tasks.
- Has concerns about bullying and/or school refusal.
- Has challenges with self-esteem and identity.
If any of the above challenges cause notable struggles for your child at home, school, or with peers, please call (312) 573-8860 to schedule a free 30-minute wellness checkup or consult.
Benefits for Parents & Child
We provide short-term effective (or evidence based) treatment to children and adolescents. We believe that family is an intricate part of the treatment process. Parents and caregivers often play a vital supportive role in enhancing social/emotional development while reducing the risk of developmental decline/regression in skills obtained in the treatment process.
Counseling Services For Children
Utilized to identify specific strengths and struggles that an individual may experience. Results provide a comprehensive view of an individual’s functioning to ensure the recommendation of effective treatment and support is put in place to help the child and family combat areas of struggle in hopes of living a more abundant life.
- Assessments provide essential information to children, families, therapists, and teachers about specific areas of functioning that inform treatment plans, provide access to supportive services, and promotes an environment for optional learning and social/emotional development.
- Psychological assessments can provide information that can provide students with an edge to excel in the classroom and in relationships.
Individual and Family Therapy
Your child’s therapist will obtain information about your concerns and assess your child’s social/emotional functioning to determine if your child is likely to benefit from the therapy services that we provide. If so, your child’s therapist will then recommend a individualized treatment plan that specifically addresses areas of struggle.
- Are you looking for strategies to effectively parent your child while building or maintaining a strong parent-child relationship?
- Learn and practice specific behavior management techniques that also enhance your child’s compliance, focus, problem solving skills, communication, and self-esteem.
- Parent-Child Interaction Therapy
- Play Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Integrative Treatment of Complex Trauma
- Integrative Treatment of Complex Trauma for Adolescents
- Functional Family Therapy
Psychological Assessment Services
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: ADHD
- Social or Emotional Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Learning Disabilities
- Social Anxiety
- Speech or Developmental Concerns
- Academic Placement Recommendations