Master's Level Clinical Intern
Cornerstone Counseling Center of Chicago (CCCOC) is a full service not-for-profit psychological and counseling agency located just north of the Loop in Chicago. CCCOC’s staff are licensed Master’s and Doctoral level Christian professionals. CCCOC strives to reflect Christ’s model as the Great Physician and serve as an agent of healing, providing psychotherapy, training, seminars and assessments to the adults, couples, children, adolescents, families, groups, churches and schools of all income levels of our local community. CCCOC provides traditional 50-minute therapy sessions on-site and off-site at satellite locations group counseling and training seminars.
Under the direction of the Executive Director and Clinical Director, the master’s level clinical intern plans and effectively administers therapeutic services for the counseling program. This includes responsibility for seeing individual, couples and families on-site for therapy sessions through our CAP program (Client Assess Program), providing workshops on- and off-site to members of the community, leading therapy groups on- and off-site.
- Maintain 15-20 hours of direct and in-direct service hours each week.
- Keep all relevant records up to date through our EMR system and perform clinical tasks.
- Research topics and provide workshops and/or seminars for staff and members of the community.
- Attend bi-weekly staff meetings and staff trainings.
- Conduct administrative duties as necessary to further the mission of CCCOC.
- 3+ years of prior clinical experience.
- Currently enrolled in an MFT program, MSW or LPC program.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work as both a leader and a member of a team.
- Maintains relevant current knowledge of the field by participation in training sessions, seminars and conferences.
- Is open and respectful of cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of clients and is competent to work with a diverse client population.
- Demonstrates clinical skills.
- Demonstrates ability to comprehend and accommodate the mission and vision of CCCOC.
- Ability to learn our EMR system for data entry, communication and report writing.
To Apply: Please send the required materials listed below to Dr. Samantha Lussier at email@example.com in order to be considered for this position.
- CCCOC-specific cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Clear indication of hour, supervision requirements, and program deadlines
- Projected date of graduation