Marriage and Family Therapist
Reports to: Clinical Director
Location: Chicago, IL
Cornerstone Counseling Center of Chicago (CCCOC) is a full service psychological and counseling agency located just north of the Loop in Chicago. CCCOC’s staff are Master’s and Doctoral level Christian professionals. CCCOC strives to reflect Christ’s model as the Great Physician and serve as an agent of healing, providing psychotherapy, training, seminars and assessments to the adults, couples, children, adolescents, families, groups, churches and schools of all income levels of our local community. The Center provides traditional 50-minute therapy sessions on-site and off-site at satellite locations. The Center also provides group counseling and training seminars.
Under the direction of the Clinical Director, the master’s level LMFT plans and effectively administers therapeutic services for the counseling program. This includes responsibility for seeing individuals, couples and families on-site for therapy sessions through our CAPs program (Client Assess Program) and private insurance, providing workshops on- and off-site to members of the community, leading therapy groups on- and off-site. Applicants must have a MA in Counseling from an accredited program and must be licensed or eligible to be licensed in the state of Illinois.
- Maintain a minimum of 10-15 hours of client sessions each week.
- Complete client paperwork in a timely manner as outlined in the organizational policy
- Research topics and provide workshops and/or seminars for staff and members of the community.
- Attend bi-weekly staff meetings and staff trainings.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently with a team player attitude, willing to collaborate within the practice
- Maintains relevant current knowledge of the field by participation in training sessions, seminars and conferences.
- Is open and respectful of cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of clients and is competent to work with a diverse client population.
- Demonstrates clinical skills.
- Demonstrates ability to comprehend and accommodate the mission and vision of CCCOC.
- Ability to learn our EMR system for data entry, communication and report writing.
To Apply: Submit the required materials below to Christine Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org
- CCCOC-specific cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume