Front Desk Receptionist/Administrative Volunteer
Tuesdays between 3pm-8pm at our satellite site located in the Andersonville area
Minimum of 10-15 hours per week
The Front Desk Receptionist/Administrative Volunteer serves as a member of the front desk administrative team to conduct initial assessments of patients to determine need for care and works in collaboration with the Executive Director, Director of Clinical Training and Insurance Biller to assign patients to therapists based on intake assessments. The role will require a commitment on Tuesday’s between 3pm and 8pm at our satellite site located in the Andersonville area. This position requires skill in planning, organizing and coordinating the delivery of patient care by all staff personnel as well as the coordination of day to day office activities. This role reports to the Director of Finance and Operations with daily interaction with the Director of Clinical Training and the Executive Director.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree
- Reliable vehicle or means of transportation
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a similar role or role requiring project/program management and independent operations
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; Training will be provided on practice EMR systems
- Experience working in a healthcare environment or experience with patient billing and insurance management not required but a plus
Client Registration and Intake
- Check clients in and out during practice hours
- Register new clients and walk them through the intake process by phone:
- Take client information, assess client for appropriate fit for CCCOC, assign to therapist based on type of service requested/fit/area of concern and therapist schedule availability
- Check and respond to web intakes daily, both by email and phone response
- Assist with walk-in intakes on as needed basis, screening in same way as phone intake
Client Insurance Verification, Billing and Advocacy
- Coordinate and confirm alternative billing methods and program eligibility (i.e. Third Party, CAP, etc.)
- Assist in process of getting referrals, pre-authorization, etc. when needed
- Notify clients in case of insurance denial and advocate for them when appropriate and possible
- Assist with collection of outstanding payments through billing and follow up
Program Coordinationn & Leadership
- Seeks out guidance from Director of Clinical Training to assist with difficult intake questions/situations and seeks out supports in crisis situations
Successful candidates will be well organized, goal-oriented individuals with a high level of energy and comfort in a fast-paced, collegial and entrepreneurial environment. This individual will be socially adept, deeply principled and will demonstrate a commitment to CCCOC’s mission, goals and programs with the highest professional standards.
CCCOC offers a supportive working environment, and the opportunity to make a significant difference in the lives of its clients. CCCOC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, go to www.chicagocounseling.org.
To Apply: Send detailed cover letter with resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Subject line: Front Desk Receptionist/Administration Volunteer)
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.