Cornerstone Graduate Intern Program
Cornerstone is pleased to announce the CCCOC Graduate Intern Program.
The Graduate Intern Program was created to provide our community and clients with an option to receive quality counseling through our CAP Program. Our team of talented graduate interns will provide our clients with the necessary tools for culturally competent client care using evidenced-based practices while integrating faith into psychological practices when requested. CCCOC Graduate Intern Therapists follow the scholar-practioner model.
The training program at CCCOC is centered on the core tenets of our organization: social justice through creating access to mental health resources, providing culturally competent client care and integrating faith into psychological practice. The program is designed to equip students for clinical practice in a variety of setting and with a diverse range of ages and populations.
General Training Requirements:
- Practicum students are expected to work 20-24 hours/week for 10 months (including two evenings per week).
Attendance at staff meetings and group supervision is required on designated Fridays.
Group experience and interest in working with children is expected as the practicum program has a concentrated child/adolescent focus.
- Due to our work with CPS through Academic Coaching program a car is necessary for efficient travel.
- As a part of our outreach to the community several weekends may require staff participation.
How to apply for the program:
CCCOC follows the Association of Chicagoland Externship and Practicum Training (ACEPT) timelines for application to our Practicum training program. Interested applicants must apply according to ACEPT timelines.
For more information on ACEPT guidelines and instructions, please visit: www.aceptchicago.org
- A cover letter specific to CCCOC
- A curriculum vitae
- Copies of the applicants academic transcripts
- 3 Letters of reference from 2 previous clinical supervisions and one academic reference
- A hard copy application accessible, below mailed to:
1111 N. Wells St. Suite 400
Chicago, IL 60610
Attn: Martina Sancen & Christine Collins
Applicants interested in more information about Cornerstone's Graduate Intern Program or application requirements, may contact the Director of Academic Counseling Programs, Martina Sancen at: email@example.com and Interim Clinical Director, Christine Collins at: firstname.lastname@example.org
*All pre-doctoral candidates please apply through Chicago Area Christian Training Consortium (CACTC).
*Post-Doctoral Fellow Candidates, please send all requested materials to Interim Clinical Director, Christine Collins at: email@example.com and Assessment Coodinator, Dr. Jessica Spigner at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Day, evening and weekend hours required
- 1 hour face to face supervision at week
- 1 hour of group supervision
- 1 hour of couples supervision
- 1.5 hours of staffing 2xs a month
Training Slots Avaliable:
8 - positions for master level internships
1 - Pre-Doc Internship (link to the consortium page)
1 - Post-Doc Fellowship
1 - Diagnostic Internship